Cradle: The act of moving the stick from side to side causing the ball to remain in the upper part of the pocket webbing.
Checking: The act of using a controlled tap with a crosse on an opponent's crosse in an attempt to dislodge the ball.
Catching: The act of receiving a passed ball with the crosse.
Cutting: A movement by a player without the ball in anticipation of a pass.
Dodging: The act of suddenly shifting direction in order to avoid an opponent.
Passing: The act of throwing the ball to a teammate with the crosse.
Pick-Ups: The act of scooping a loose ball with a crosse.
Shooting: The act of throwing the ball at the goal with the crosse in an attempt to score.
-12 players on each team
- a face-off is taken by the centers on each team at the start of the game and after each goal is scored
-only the goalie is allowed in the circle around the goal
-you may check a players stick when their stick is out to the side of their body but the check must be done away from the persons face
- if the ball is on the ground you must get your stick under the ball in order to pick it up- placing your stick over the ball is known as covering and it is a foul
- you are allowed to run behind the goal
- offensive players should remain on the offensive end of the field and are not permitted past midfield
-defensive players should remain on the defensive end of the field and are not permitted past midfield
-centers, offensive and defensive wings are allowed on both ends of the field
- when the whistle blows you must stop where you are
-if a foul is committed by both players at the same time, a jump ball is used to decide who gains possession
- When a minor fouls occurs, the offending player must stand 4 feet in front of the person being awarded the ball. Minor foul examples= covering the ball with your stick, throwing your stick, checking an empty stick, etc.
-When a major foul occurs, the offending player must stand 4 feet behind the person being awarded the ball. Major foul examples= charging, dangerous checking, false starts, tripping, pushing, shoving, blocking, etc.