A Period (4,5) - March 26 (Soph Dance), March 27 (Group Dance)
C Period (1,5) - March 21 (Group Dance), March 27 (Soph Dance)
E Period (5,7) - March 27 (Group Dance), March 29 (Soph Dance)
F Period (4,7) - March 26 (Group Dance), March 29 (Soph Dance)
G Period (5,7) - March 27(Group Dance), March 29 (Soph Dance)
Testing Days for Group Dance
A Period (4,5) - February 7 (Day 5)
C Period (1,5) - February 7 (Day 5)
E Period (5,7) - February 11 (Day 7)
F Period (4,7) - February 11 (Day 7)
G Period (5,7) - February 11 (Day 7)
Check out the Sophomore Dance!!!!!!!! Click on the link below and practice at home!
Introduction To Modern Creative Creative Dance
- Axial - movement done in stationary position. Standing, sitting, kneeling, lying down (twist, bend stretch, raise, lower, fall...).
- Locomotor - movements done while moving across the floor (walk, run, leap, jump, hop, slide, skip, chasse).
Types of Movement
1) Pendulum - swinging movements - even beats: 12___34
2) Percussive - sharp movements - accented beats: 1,2,3,4
3) Sustained - slow movements - even beats: 1+2+3+4
Elements of Dance
- Change in direction - movement forward, backward, side-ward, diagonal.
- Change in level - movements standing, jumping, kneeling, sitting, lying down.
- Change in focus - movements in which you look in different places.
- Change in numbers - dancing in unison, opposition or sequence.
- Variety of movements - use different types, see above.
- Change in floor pattern - using the movements to form various shapes on the floor, such as circle, straight line, two lines, triangle, etc.
- Dynamics - using movement to build up to peak.
- Ending - it should be stressed and it should be held on a very strong movement.
- Get into groups of 4, 5, or 6 people.
- Using 2 pendulum, 2 percussive and 2 sustained movements to make up a short dance. NO MUSIC YET!
- Make sure you use at 2 different floor patterns, 3 different levels, 2 changes in direction and a strong ending.
- You have one day to create, one day to practice and the last day all groups will be marked.
- All groups must watch each other and make comments.
- Comments will also be part of your grade.
- Get into groups of 4, 5, or 6 people. This dance will be done to pre-selected music.
- Use pendulum, percussive and sustained movements throughout the dance. There is no required amount of motions. You must complete the whole, entire song.
- You must use 3 different floor patterns, 5 different levels, 3 changes in direction and a strong ending.
- You must include changes in numbers - dancing in unison, opposition and sequence.
- Same requirements as number 5 & 6 in the First Study.