WELCOME TO AP GOPO
Impeachment Process: Use the link below to answer the following questions:
What legislative body has the power of to draw up articles of impeachment?
2. Which body oversees the impeachment trial?
3. Who serves as the judge in the impeachment trial if the president is being tried?
4. Who is essentially the jury in an impeachment trial?
5. What vote is required to find the president or judge guilty? Why do you believe it is not just a simple majority?
6. What are the three political crimes that warrant removal from office? What is your interpretation of the standard by which a president or judge should be removed from office?
Link for Presidential Staff ( C Period)-- take notes for Tuesday 3/19
Both classes bring the packets with the Scenarios to class Tuesday 3/19
WINTER BREAK ASSIGNMENT:
DUE MONDAY 3/11- WATCH AND TAKE DETAILED NOTES ON PRESIDENT MOD 1 AND PRESIDENT MOD 2--- FOUND UNDER LINKS----- YOU NEVER KNOW IF THERE WILL BE A QUIZ
DUE WEDNESDAY 2/27
Complete each court case worksheet (15 in all) Purchase a small 1/2" binder and put each page in the binder with tabs marking each case.
Using the Media Chapter in your text.... Answer the following questions:
1. What types of media are there and what are their roles?
2. What is the role of media?
3. What is Bias?
4. How has the internet changed the media?
DUE WEDNESDAY 1/30/19:
NO LATE ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED, NO EMAIL ASSIGNMENTS, NO PARENTS BRINGING IN ASSIGNMENTS, NO LEAVING IN MAILBOX ASSIGNMENTS- THIS ASSIGNMENTS MUST BE IN DURING CLASS, PRINTED OUT OR IT IS A "0"
James Bopp Citizens United interview
This is the Learning module for Campaign Finance you can use to complete the worksheet for Monday
Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act (2002)
Buckley v. Valeo (1976)
Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission (2010)
class actions suits
Federal Election Campaign Act (1971)
McConnell v. Federal Election Commission (2003)
political action committees (PACs)
**** Assignment for Monday 1/7 is located under files “Work for Monday 1/7”
DUE Tuesday 1/8
under Links: Click on the Prezi "Nominating...." complete the question sheet on the prezi while watching the prezi
Unit 3 consists of the following Chapters: 7/8/9/10
Define the following Terms (in your notebook)- Use Chapter 9
congressional campaign committee
Due Monday : Under Files Polls Assignment
Here is the link and follow the directions: Only complete this assignment after you complete the first part
Due Friday 11/30: Read " Beyond Red and Blue" under Links on this page; take notes and come up with your own definition of Political Typology (if I see or believe that people did not read this I will give you a quiz on the spot.
UNIT 2 TERM QUIZ--- THURSDAY NOVEMBER 29- TERMS ARE UNDER FILES
ASSIGNMENT DUE Wednesday 11/21: Using the AP GOPO Textbook under Department Resources
Select Chapter 4 enter PW SFPGOPO (in all caps) read and take notes on the chapter-- at the end of the chapter there are 6 Questions (Questions to Consider) you are to write at least 1-2 paragraphs for each question (detailed) You may type this as well. This assignment will count as a test grade.
Keep in mind a paragraph at your level should be at least 10-12 sentences.
ASSIGNMENT DUE MONDAY 11/19
UNDER FILES : COMPLETE THE ASSIGNMENT UNDER -- Contemporary American Political Ideologies
POLITICAL COMPASS QUIZ
ASSIGNMENT FOR WEDNESDAY 11/7
UNDER LINKS READ THE ARTICLE POLITICAL CULTURE (hw)
AFTER READING ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS ( TO BE COLLECTED--1ST GRADE OF THE 2ND QTR)
1. EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN VALUES AND BELIEFS.
2. WHAT IS A SUBCULTURE?
3. DEFINE IN YOUR OWN WORDS CLASSICAL LIBERALISM.
4. EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY AND EQUALITY OF RESULTS. hoW DO THESE IDEAS AFFECT MODERN SOCIETY?
5. EXPLAIN EACH IDEOLOGY : LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE, LIBERTARIAN AND POPULIST.
6. WHY IS THERE DISSENT IN THE UNITED STATES?
DUE MONDAY 10/1: READ AND TAKE NOTES AND COMPLETE THE QUESTIONS FOR THE BRUTUS ESSAY AND FEDERALIST 10
YOU WILL FIND THESE ESSAYS UNDER FILES. BE SURE TO COMPLETE THE BRUTUS OUTLINE HANDED OUT IN CLASS TODAY (IF YOU WERE ABSENT TODAY PLEASE SEE ME IN W011 FOR THE SHEET TOMORROW)
DUE MONDAY 9/24: CONSTITUTION SCAVENGER HUNT (FOUND UNDER FILES)
YOU DO NOT NEED TO PRINT IT JUST WRITE DOWN THE ANSWERS
Applying the Models of Democracy Current Scenarios: