COURSE EVALUATION: HERE
Due Tuesday Jan 8th, 2019 at the end of class
- Describe the US reasons for being in Syria
President Trump ordered a pullout of US troops in Syria
- What are the reasons for this decision?
- What is the upside to this decision?
- The downside?
- How does it effect Turkey, the Kurds, the US/Russia relationship, and Assad?
- Have the original US Goals been fulfilled?
Read this article: The Godfather of Fake News (BBC)
Due Wednesday Dec. 12, 2018 at the end of class
- Describe HAMAS, it's leader and it's goals
- Describe Hezbollah, it's leader and it's goals
- Describe the PLO, it's leader and it's goals
Due at the end of class Wednesday, Nov 21st
Write a position paper using your knowledge of history and the UN resolution: Does Israel have the right to exist?
Due at the beginning of class Monday November 19
What are the goals in Syria for the following countries or groups:
- Syrian Government (Assad)
- Free Syrian Forces
- United States
Due at the end of class Friday Oct. 26th
1) Does “Dragonfly” benefit the China Social Credit System? What is “Dragonfly”? How will the China Social Credit System use it?
2) Should Google develop this new search engine? How does it benefit Google? Should the US Government get involved?
Due at the beginning of class on Thursday Oct. 18:
If we were to implement the "China Social Credit" system in the US, what constitutional issues would we run into? Describe the "China Social Credit" issues specifically and their constitutional reference. At least a paragraph for each constitutional issue.
Due on Friday Oct 12: Final NAFTA (USMCA) results. Did the US, Canada, and Mexico achieve their goals in the new USMCA agreement? Is the New USMCA agreement a good deal for each country? (4 paragraphs).
Due on Thursday Oct. 11 if you didn't hand it in yet: NAFTA, opening positions of Canada, Mexico and the US. Three lists or paragraphs.
"Dort wo man Bücher verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen." Henrich Heine 1823
translation: Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings.
"The so-called faculty of writing is not so much a faculty of writing as it is a faculty of thinking. When a man says, I have an idea but I can't express it; that man hasn't an idea but merely a vague feeling. If a man has a feeling of that kind, and will sit down for a half an hour and persistently try to put into writing what he feels, the probabilities are at least 90 percent that he will either be able to record it, or else realize that he has no idea at all. In either case, he will do himself a benefit." Rear Admiral Bradley A. Fiske in Proceedings, Vol. 45 No. 192, February 1919