• Updates
  • Files
  • Links
  • Forums
  • Assignments

Calculus Honors: Course Requirements                              Mrs. Arena


  • Quarterly Grade: 100% total points of exams, quizzes, and homework.               
  • Homework Grade:

                -Homework will be a 50 point quiz. It will be assigned daily and will not be posted online. 

                -The following are examples, but are not limited to point deductions for homework:

                                (-4) missing homework                              (-2) incomplete homework                       

  • Final Grade: 20% of your final grade is the final exam. The final exam will be split into three parts. I will discuss this at a later date. The other 80% is determined by your 4 quarter grades (20% each quarter).
    1. Passing the Final Exam does not mean you pass the course. 


  • Three-Ring Binder with looseleaf 
  • iPad
  • TI-84+ Graphing Calculator (TI-83 is also acceptable)
  • Pens and/or Pencils (doesn’t matter which, or what color)
  • Textbook: Calculus of a Single Variable (may be left at home)                

Class Policies:

  • All students are expected to work when the class bell rings.
  • Dress Code: It is school policy that all students are in dress code (see agenda for details). Any student out of dress code will receive a dress code violation. 
  • Missed work and notes are your responsibility. Contact another student to find out what is missed. You may also email me to receive a copy of the class notes. You are required to make up all missed quizzes and exams.  Please schedule a makeup promptly.

                Tests and Quizzes: Any missed tests or quizzes must be made up before school (E-110A) or during                 a free-period. Tests or quizzes cannot be made up during class time. See me as soon as you return to                 school to schedule a make-up. You will only have 1 school cycle to make-up your test or quiz.                 Failure to do so will result in a score of ZERO on the test or quiz.

  • No food or drinks are permitted inside the classroom. 
  • All rules of the school will be enforced including but not limited to: dress code, use of electronic devices, proper language and behavior.

Calculator Policy:

  • All students are required to own a graphing calculator. Students are expected to bring their calculator to class every day.
  • There will be no sharing of calculators during a test or quiz

Absenteeism Policy:

  • Class attendance at St. Francis Prep is a major priority. All students are required to complete all required work even if they are absent.  I

Academic Honesty: Automatic ZERO for any violation (see agenda book for additional punishments)

  • Examples of, but not limited to, Honor Code Violations:
    -Homework: Copying homework or lending your homework to someone.
    -Tests/Quizzes: Bringing in materials (even if you do not use it), looking at someone else’s paper, writing on the desk, not advising the teacher of writing on the desk, using or having your cell phone visible, borrowing or lending your calculator, having your bag on your lap.

Extra Help:       Monday – Friday                          E-110A                                7:30 am – 8:25 am

  • No appointment necessary.
  • However, if your homework is not at least attempted, you were not paying attention in class, or you are not prepared, you will not be given extra help.
  • I will also be in the Math Center (E210) during F Period.


  • I expect each student to respect all students in the class. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a classroom environment conducive to learning.
  • Misbehavior of any kind will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to: talking, calling out, etc.

Contacting the Teacher:

  • Students: Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I am available through e-mail via the prep website or through: JArena@sfponline.org.
    My e-mail will be checked throughout the school day and possibly once after school hours. If you e-mail me at 10 pm the night before school, I will not receive that e-mail until the next morning. Although e-mail is the fastest way to contact me, it does not replace extra-help or asking questions in class. 
  • Parents: The best way to contact me is via e-mail at JArena@sfponline.org. If that is inconvenient, you can contact me via phone in the Math Department office at (718) 423-8810 x 228. I will only be available in the math office during school hours.

Parent/Student Portal:

  • Access to your grades is a great tool! Parent/Student Portal will be updated frequently. With parents and students having access to the grades in the class on a daily basis, it is your responsibility to monitor your grades. 
MySFP online Forums
This course has no MySFP Forums
MySFP online Assignments
This course has no MySFP Assignments

Email: Mrs. Arena