Mary Pappas R.N.

Phone:  (718) 423-8810 ext. 234
Fax: (718) 423-1098

Medical Office

  • Incoming Students
  • Injury/Illness of Students
  • Medication

Each family of Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students receives a mailing containing various forms and instructions.  This mailing contains a blue index card (which is not available on this link), plus the Medical and Immunization forms which are also available below if needed. (If needed, additional blue index card can be picked up in the SFP medical office). For entrance to SFP every student needs an immunization form due upon acceptance and a complete medical exam due September. Medical forms must be signed, dated, and stamped by a doctor. Please keep copies.

For student athletes: Medical exams need to be dated on or after June 1ST and handed in before tryouts. Please allow ample time for Nurse’s clearance.

Any student who is injured and will need accomodations at school must get a medical evaluation, and obtain a note from the doctor before returning to school.  This note must be presented to the school nurse upon return to school, before going to any classes.   (This medical note must contain injury, special needs and permission to return to school).

Any student injured unrelated to school activities, or has been absent due to surgery or chronic illness, must also follow the procedure explained above.

All student surgeries and medical illnesses (including over vacations) must be reported to the nurse upon return to school for proper follow up.

The School Nurse has the sole discretion to deny a student from returning to school/classes if full clearance from a medical doctor is not presented.

All students must arrive to school by 1:15 to in order to be involved in any after school activities- clubs, plays, sports. (exceptions- documented funerals, college visits)

Any student diagnosed with Diabetes, Asthma and/or life threatening Allergies must complete INDEPENDENT MEDICATION CARRY/USE form. (Parent/MD to sign)

Any student who needs to take prescription medication in school other than stated in #1, please complete SELF-MEDICATION RELEASE form. (Parent/MD to sign)