The following is a list of criteria that all Rho Kappa members must meet:
- Have been in attendance at the school for at least one semester;
- Have completed two core social studies courses and be prepared to complete at least three courses;
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 88 (not weighed);
- Have participated in activities that demonstrate civic engagement in their school or community;
- Desire to be a member of Rho Kappa.
The chapter advisor, faculty selection committee, and the high school administration shall determine selection of eligible students and their election to the organization. Candidates must meet the GPA, social studies course completion requirements and the application requirements listed above. Other criteria can be implemented and created at the discretion of chapter advisors.
The Rho Kappa National Advisory Council will not review anything regarding the selection of individual members to local chapters.
Have participated for at least one full year as an active member in a Social Studies related extracurricular activity such as the Duns Scotus Speech Club and Student Congress, Model UN, Political Science Club, Republican Club, Mock Trial Club, The Seraph, History Assistants, Peer Tutoring, Student Government with the moderator’s recommendation, or proof of community involvement in the field of Social Studies.
The criteria listed above reflect the minimum requirements for membership. The final decision for membership will be made by a majority decision of a special committee made up of faculty members from the Social Studies department.
APPLICATION DATES ARE PENDING - PLEASE CHECK BACK AFTER FEBRUARY BREAK FOR MORE INFO