Welcome to the 2019/2020 school year!
Kaplan has been working with the College Office to make sure we are providing families with the information and opportunities to help with the college entrance exams. Here is an overview of what will be offered this coming year for St. Francis students.
• Our PSAT Prep Live is the only free, live PSAT prep program available to students online, and features 16 hours of interactive test prep by our Prep Squad. Students can ask questions and learn key strategies that can help improve their scores. Go to https://www.kaptest.com/psat for more information.
• On Saturday, November 16th starting promptly at 9am, Kaplan will be administering a practice ACT/SAT Combo Practice test at St. Francis Preparatory School. Students will be able to get their scores on the same day. Students will then be able to compare their SAT scores to their ACT scores to provide clarity on which test to take.
Students must pre-register two weeks prior, by 11/2, at https://www.kaptest.com/class/AKKM190004.
If your student receives accommodations on the SAT or ACT, they can choose to either:
• Take the test standard time for the event OR Start the test at school and self-proctor the remaining portion of the test at home.
• If your student would like to explore other free SAT or ACT events please go to: https://www.kaptest.com/sat/free/events
St. Francis Preparatory school has partnered with Kaplan again to bring students test prep for the SAT and ACT. All participating students will receive:
• Kaplan SAT Prep classes held on campus and ACT Prep classes held in our interactive live and online classroom
• A great discount! St Francis families receive a $300 discount off of the retail price of the course
• $100 discount on all Kaplan Private Tutoring of 12 hours or more The Kaplan SAT and ACT
Courses consist of:
• 18 Hours of classroom instruction, books, and online accounts with practice quizzes and strategy reinforcement
• 4 Full-Length Practice Tests (2 online & 2 in person) with instant scoring
• Live online and recorded resources to help you dive deeper into your personalized areas of need
• Score raising strategies
• Time Management strategies
2018/2019 SAT & ACT Test Dates & Schedules
Price: $599—a $300 discount!
Parents can enroll by visiting https://www.kaptest.com/college-prep/partner/stfrancisprep OR by calling 1.800.KAPTEST or the direct line to Enrollment Counselor,
Jimmy Page at 407-208-8650
Test: SAT EXAM December 7, 2019 Class Code: SAIKM19985P
09:00 AM - 12:45 PM
Practice Test and Scoring
03:00 PM - 6:00 PM
09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
09:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Test: SAT EXAM March 14, 2020 Class Code: SAIKM20001P
Test: SAT EXAM March 14, 2020 Class Code: SAIKM20004P
03:00 PM - 06:45 PM
03:00 PM - 06:00 PM
03:00 PM - 06:30 PM
Test: SAT EXAM May 2, 2020 Class Code: SAIKM20005P
Test: SAT EXAM May 2, 2020 Class Code: SAIKM20007P
Parents can call Jimmy Page at Kaplan’s Enrollment Center at 407-208-8650 or 1.800.KAPTEST with any questions or to enroll. Have a great year!
To sign up for a Kaplan class:
PHONES CANNOT BE USED DURING CLASS TIME
PLEASE BE ADVISED -- STUDENTS ARE TO KEEP THEIR CELL PHONES UNDER THEIR DESKS DURING THESE PREP CLASSES EITHER OFF OR SILENT. THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO USE CELL PHONES EXCEPT DURING THEIR BREAK.
(PLEASE NOTE -- CLASSES ARE NEVER HELD ON TEST DATES)
REGISTER FOR SAT TEST -- CLICK ON www.collegeboard.com
REGISTER FOR ACT TESTS AT
Most students will take the SAT at least twice, and the first time will usually be sometime during their junior year in high school. SAT Preparation is helpful and necessary for anyone who intends to take the SAT. Many high school students have found that an SAT Prep Course will help them perform better on the SAT, whether they are taking it for the first time or if they have taken the test several times before. The SAT is made up of multiple choice questions on verbal and mathematics skills. The entire exam lasts approximately four hours.
While most students dread taking the SAT, it is a necessary evil and SAT Prep can help immensely. SAT Prep will help students prepare for the SAT in a variety of ways. First, an SAT Prep course will encourage students to relax. Second, it will show them exactly what to expect on the exam. SAT Prep gives students sample questions and shows them how questions are often worded to "trick" test takers. Students also have the opportunity to take one or more sample SAT exams.
On the College Info (SAT/ACT) pages of the SFP website, we list courses that are available to you at SFP to help you make this process more convenient. We have made these cost effective courses available; they are comparable to other courses that are offered at a much greater price. We do not recommend this over any other SAT Prep course you might be interested in; however, they are conveniently offered here after school.
It is our hope that you look into this matter and that your child begin the preparation no later than January. For more information please contact the guidance/college office anytime during school hours: 718-423-8810 X 245.
Director of Guidance and College Office
Deadlines expire at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, U.S. To see international SAT test dates, visit International Registration.
August 6, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
August 13, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
September 17, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
September 24, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
October 15, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
October 22, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
November 19, 2019 (for mailed registrations)
November 26, 2019 (for registrations made online or by phone)
February 25, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
March 3, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
April 14, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
April 21, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
May 19, 2020 (for mailed registrations)
May 27, 2020 (for registrations made online or by phone)
U.S. deadlines apply to students testing in the United States and U.S. territories.
Colleges will accept both tests equally.
Colleges will use SAT and ACT scores for admissions and merit-based scholarships.
NOTE: Seniors are responsible to have their SAT test scores sent directly to the college / university . You can do this from the CollegeBoard website. THE NUMBER TO HAVE SATS SENT THROUGH COLLEGEBOARD TO CUNY IS 2950.
* SAT: JUNIOR STUDENTS TAKE the SAT in the spring. Once you receive those scores we suggest spending time over the summer preparing for the fall SAT. Focus on the area(s) where your performance was weak. SENIOR STUDENTS WILL TAKE THE SAT (again) IN THE FALL.
*SENIORS: It is very strongly suggested that you register on-line for the October or November SAT exam during the summer approaching senior year.
SAT / SAT II and ACT EXAMS - Please consult with your guidance counselor with any questions.
TO ASK A QUESTION OR SEND A MESSAGE TO COLLEGEBOARD VISIT sat.collegboard.org/contact or call 866-756-7346
SAT EXAM: (SFP Test Center Code: 33426)
REGARDING SAT / SAT II and ACT EXAMS - Please consult with your guidance counselor with any questions.
Students can also register for SAT II exams at the above link as well.