Pre-Owned Uniform Sale!
“Life is a journey, not a destination.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
From the desk of Mr. McLaughlin:
Just a month ago, we celebrated the graduation of the Class of 2019. On Friday, May 31, we had the Graduation Liturgy in the Br. Ralph Clifford Memorial Auditorium. Fr. Ralph Edel, our chaplain, was the celebrant; Fr. Bill Sweeney, who earlier served as chaplain for this graduating class, concelebrated the Mass. Fr. Ralph gave an inspiring sermon about God’s desire for us to become fully ourselves. Our Liturgical Ensemble sang beautifully. At the conclusion of the Mass, we presented a variety of awards from civic, educational, and political organization.
On Saturday, June 1, we had our Graduation ceremony in Lou Carnesecca Arena at St. John’s University. All the graduates processed onto the stage, shaking the hand of either Br. Leonard Conway or Mr. Patrick McLaughlin. Lorian Chester delivered the student welcome, and David Murtha delivered the student address. Mr. Christopher Mendolia announced the recipients of the departmental academic awards: in each department, two students received certificates for commendation and one student was given a medal as the top student. In addition, we presented the following special awards:
- Franciscan Spirit Award: Faculty – Ms. Maria Finn; Student – John Lynch
- Al Powers Student-Athlete Award: Aramis Santiago
- Sheila Barrett Knudsen Student-Athlete Award: Chiara Cinquemani.
- The General Excellence Medal was presented to David Murtha.
- We presented certificates to students who had cumulative averages of at least 99%: Chiara Cinquemani, Lorian Chester, Daniela DeViccaro, Elizabeth Mari, Zoe Mitchel, Samantha Rooney, Vincent Smedile, Alexander Soohoo, Olivia Sudol, Juliana Sultana, andMarianna Zehas.
Both days were spirited, positive, and dignified ceremonies. We congratulate all the graduates and their families on their great achievement. We wish them all the best as they continue their education and pursuit of their goals and dreams. Well done. God bless us all.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦