Lenten-T-Shirts Available NOW!
Franciscan Immersion Experience
When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way,
you will command the attention of the world. - George Washington Carver
From the desk of Mr. Mendolia:
Summer School 2018
Summer School for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who fail classes during the regular school year will be held from July 2-31. Classes will meet Monday through Friday with the exception of July 4 and 5. Summer School Registration will take place on June 22nd from 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon in the auditorium. Summer classes for seniors will take place between May 29 and June 29. Registration for these courses will take on May 24 from 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon in the auditorium.
Students who are failing or are in danger of failing a course should not schedule any vacations, college visits, etc., during the summer session. Students who miss more than 2 classes will be unable to earn course credit and will be forced to withdraw from St. Francis Prep.
From the desk of Mr. Castellano:
COURSE REGISTRATION FOR 2018-2019
Since our return from Christmas vacation, students have been involved in getting advisement for courses for next year. Course registration will take place 1-4 February. Students will select their classes through their Power School accounts. If students have not yet met with their guidance counselors, they should do so right away. Once students select their classes, they must print the sheet of classes and have a parent or guardian sign it; students will submit this sheet in Cor on 5 February. Parents and guardians with questions about course selection should call their child’s guidance counselor or Mr. Castellano, at ext. 209.
There has been some confusion about the GPAs that appear in Power School. This information explains what the various GPAs are.
- There are 2 GPAs displayed. One is the transcript GPA, which reflects all completed courses. It has changed from September for any student who completed a course in January (a half-year course).
- The other GPA is the yearly average. It is labeled as "Q2 Yearly Average." This is a running average of the first and second quarters. (It will change again at the end of the 3rd quarter.) It does not reflect honors points and is not weighted. It is not an exclusively 2nd quarter GPA. This is where the confusion arises.
- The GPA that is displayed is not the Honor Roll GPA. The Honor Roll GPA is not displayed in Power School. If a student makes the Honor Roll based on quarterly GPA, there will be a notation on the bottom of the Report Card. The Honor Roll will be posted in the Prep lobby in the next few days.
From the desk of Mr. Woods, Director of Technology:
Recently, a few students experienced an issue in which they did NOT receive their Semester 2 schedule via email. If your student did not receive a Semester 2 schedule via email, you may have inadvertently turned off the receipt of emails to the student's email account.
You need to check the following:
- Login to the Parent Portal.
- Select School Messenger (at the bottom of the menu on the left side of the page).
- Click on the "Contact" Tab.
- Click on "Edit" under "Actions."
- Review the email accounts. The FIFTH email account is the student email account.
- Verify that the student email account has not been deleted and that it is in the correct format. The correct format is <student_number>@stfrancisprep.org (like firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Verify that, for that account, the following boxes are CHECKED: "Non-school hours emergency," "School hours emergency,” "ALL EMAILS (including Student)," and "Student Email ONLY." If these are unchecked, your student may NOT receive important messages, like school schedules, from Prep.
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦