|Update for: NYS Science Honor Society|
Invitations based on academic qualifications were sent out using google classroom. You must accept the invitation. Your acceptance sheets will be submitted through google classroom and are due by October 21st. If you need any assistance or have any questions please see Dr. B or Ms. May.
Our first meeting is Wednesday October 21st in W106 at one of the following times 7:30 am or 8am or 2:50 pm.
Your first three service hours are due by the end of first quarter!!
The CEREMONY is April 7th, 2016 @ 7pm in the auditorium!!!
If you need to print a new log click here:NYSSHS SERVICE LOG.doc
1. You will be required to provide service to the science community here at St. Francis Prep. Examples of service include: lab aides/assistants, peer tutors (science classes), and open house (science).
2. All members MUST attend the ceremony April 7th, 2016 @ 7pm, no excuses excepted.
3. All members MUST serve two service points by attending/participating in two NYSSHS sponsored events/drives (about 90 minutes per event).TBA
4. You may start your service immediately, ask your current or past science teacher for service hour opportunities and/or sign up as guidance to be a SCIENCE tutor. You are responsible for keeping your service log (link to print more sheets below). One paper per submission, do not repeat hours (only hours served during the timeframe of each collection will be counted). We will be using google classroom for submissions.
i. The collection dates will be:
* The time spent participating in service point activities will not be counted towards your total Science Society service hours.
To get another log sheet click the link NYSSHS SERVICE LOG.doc
For membership qualifications please see the school calendar under the honor societies section.